Tuesday, March 1, 2016

One Year of Mother Goose Time in Review

Last February, I ordered 3 months of Mother Goose Time curriculum as I had to pull my children out of their pre-school when we could no longer afford it. I was terrified. I was sad. I felt like such a disappointment. However, what light came out of that dark time. It was because of this time, I began my home schooling adventure.

I had looked up many curriculums and remembered that, in a previous day care, the girls had been using this Mother Goose Time company. So, I looked it up, loved it and made my purchase. Then, I thought, how cool it would be to use my degree in Journalism and start blogging about our home school adventure. I had sent an email over to the company just to give them permission to use any of my photos from my blog on their site as well. What came next, had me fall on my knees in tears. I received an email from Tracy asking if I would commit to one year of blogging for the company twice a week in return for the curriculum. WHAT?! Of course!

It is 12 months later and here I am. I am still shocked I was able to continue to blog through the divorce, home schooling Kindergarten and preschool and working 3-5 jobs at a time. But, I did it! I was not always on time but I made it with the support of Tracy and Leslie. Two wonderful women that will never truly understand how important it was for me to have loving, kind women on my side supporting one of my goals during the most tumultuous times of my life.

I have to say with all honesty that MGT was the one constant this past year and I truly believe it kept me going through this and brought my girls and I much closer.

So thank you MGT. I chose to make this post 1 picture and blurb from each month as a year in review!

March 2015

Toddler Tray Times are so much fun in the Little Goose planner!

Here we have, Daniella manipulating paint, paper and other art supplies however she likes. Through this play, she is learning her colors, we are talking about how things feel (cold/warm/smooth/rough) and she is working on fine motor skills (when she chooses the paint brush and/or to sprinkle glitter) as well as gross motor skills (hand painting). Age appropriate learning through play! 

 
















April 2015

While the cookies baked, we set up our cave with our ocean floor, shells and flashlights. Its been about 20 minutes and they are still having a blast!
When they are done, we will finish the days curriculum. Never interupt a childs process!




May 2015

Every time I sit down to write a blog about what we are learning about with our Mother Goose Time, I am always filled with gratitude. Just knowing that, not only, am I helping my children learn about numbers, shapes, counting and more but that I am instilling great qualities and helping build amazing character.




June 2015

One of my favorite parts of this curriculum is the opportunity it gives me to watch my children play together. Next up was Build a Bird. They happily rolled the dice, matched the pieces and built their very own bird.




July 2015

What a fun way to start our day! A fun science experiment! A feather float test.

Mother Goose Time provided us with various feathers of sizes and shapes. We began our experiment. The entire experiment took about 25 minutes and she had a lot of fun. Two feathers at a time, she dropped them while standing on a chair to see which one took longer to hit the ground. She learned that if she threw them up then it would take them longer to float to the ground. The medium sized red feather won!



August 2015

The Finish Line game was so much fun! First, we started by building our own finish line with blocks and then began our game.




September 2015

What better way to explore our faces than to use a mirror? Here we are crafting up a hand held mirror to see how our lips move when we're sad, how we look when we're surprised 
and how many ways you can smile when we're happy! 
 













October 2015

The Experience God curriculum is just great. Through this curriculum, we are able to really learn about the Bible and God in a way that Sonia and Daniella both enjoy. Today we discussed Genesis 1 and how God created everything. We used the story cards and the activity to go over it. Sonia cut out all of her pieces and glued each one on as we went through each day. 




November 2015

Though I do live on Long Island, I am not your typical Long Island mom. We can often be found in the city on adventures so Sonia and Daniella have seen bridges before. Sonia remembered and then this sparked a conversation about the museum and play I had taken her to in the city. It was amazing to be able to connect with her and for her to remember such a special day!
 
I put out the corn starch noodles and both girls began sorting and then I modeled how they stick together.
 



December 2015

Now, for Christmas - let's see - we all think of cotton ball snowmen, sugar cube igloos and maybe a paper plate Santa but how about some Santa's on a stick! After we were done making our Santa sticks we used them in our dramatic play area and created a play. Fun times!




January 2016

After all of that sitting, it was time to start moving so we jumped into Mother Goose Time's Peaceful Poses activity. First, we tried out all of the poses and then we spun the wheel to let the wheel choose what pose we go into next. It was fun - I even got into it and Sonia took some pics!



February 2016


I may not have gotten super veggie eaters out of this, but I'll tell you what I did get. Memories with my kids, a science experiment, painting with a new medium and some math skills. I even got some fine motor skills, social skills and a lot of laughs. So, all in all, it's all good. Anyway, I am the Chicken Nugget Mom not the Brussel Sprout Mom!



Hope you enjoyed this past year!

"Like" us on the Chicken Nugget Mom Facebook page to see what we are up to each day.
 
And for the Moms and Dads, I have begun a Christian based blog, Perfectly Imperfect Life Warriors, and I will be kicking off some great Bible studies to inspire and empower us as we walk with Christ together. Next on the agenda is Proverbs 31:2016 - 31 verses in 31 days! Check it out!
 
 

** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment