Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Grasshopper and the Ants

A is For Ant

 
 
Mother Goose Time markets this curriculum as a pre school curriculum and that is why I began my venture with them a few months ago. I had no idea that this curriculum can actually be used for Kindergarten as well and am looking forward to bringing this, along with another curriculum, into Sonia's life in September.
 
With this curriculum, you are given so many opportunities to challenge or simplify for your child. This is absolutely the best match for our family at this time. While Sonia gets challenged and I expand the lessons, Daniella gets introduced to concepts, letters and fun with learning.
 
 
We read the Grasshopper and the Ants and introduced the letter A. Sonia worked on writing her letter A, the sound that letter A makes and thinking of words that start with the letter A. Daniella traced the letter A with her fingers and loved holding the flag card and looking at the letter. She is only going to be 3 in a few weeks, so this is all introduction for her. As she is ready, I will expand more.
 
 
They both had a fun time finger painting little ants on their letter.
 




 
Counting Corn was a big hit for both girls. We set out the grasshopper card and the ant card and got ready to feed them.
 
For Daniella, she picked a card and we worked on number recognition and then she counted her corn.
 
 
 
For Sonia, we worked on addition, subtraction and figuring out which insect had more corn and which had less.
 


 
 
** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment