Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Hare and the Tortoise

The Race is Not Always to the Swift

 
We worked on speeds after reading the Hare and the Tortoise. We talked at different speeds, we moved at different speeds, we colored at different speeds. I have taken this lesson and used it in our daily life. Instead of saying, "walking feet!" I now say, "Walk like the tortoise!" or if I need them to speed up cleaning, I say, "Clean like the hare!" Works every time!
 
 
We worked on our journals today and Sonia wrote her name and drew apples on her cover. Daniella was learning how to hold the crayon and manipulating it however she chose to get the hang of it.
 





 
 
 
The Finish Line game was so much fun! First, we started by building our own finish line with blocks and then began our game. This was the second or third time that Sonia was able to play a board game with me, follow the rules and have fun with it.
 










 
 
Most of the day was spent with practicing different movements and so this why we have a short blog today. Another reason to love MGT! It gives us the opportunity to take one lesson and have fun with it all day.
 
 
** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment