Saturday, September 5, 2015

First Day of Kindergarten and Sonia Can Read!




The pride in my soul from todays lesson is simply priceless. We took our 2 week vacation from school work and today we sat down to start Sonia's first day of Kindergarten! It is only because of Mother Goose Time that Sonia, who just turned 5, was able to read words today. She did not just recognize the word and say it out of memory, she actually sounded out the letters and figured out the words! Wow!



Daniella had a successful first day of preschool as well. She sat with us the entire session and paid attention, she worked on letter recognition, she listened to the stories intently and she created art with us as well. For a 3 year old, that is a job well done!

What a great start to this school year!!



After I read the Bell on the Cat, I asked Sonia to brainstorm some ideas that she could give to the mice to get them to stay away from the cat. Her answer blew me away. She said, "tell them to be brave." Wow. Speechless.



We moved on to the Cat Chase game where Sonia continued to surprise me. Here is where I learned that she can actually read. She actually read all of the letter cards by sounding them out. She had a lot of fun covering the first letter with the blocks and making new words.







And we ended the day with a fun arts and craft. A mouse head band! The girls donned their headbands all day!










** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment