Saturday, September 5, 2015

The Young Crab and His Mother

We are still happily working along in our August box as we anxiously await the start date of our Mother Goose Time pre school co-op on September 10. So, today we read The Young Crab and His Mother.



During Circle Time, I used the prompts given in the Teachers Guide and asked, "How are you different from others?" Sonia told me she is not a dog, a cat, or a goose. She is not a boy, she is not old and she is not a monkey." Well, ok then. Great observations! ;)

I read the story and after we were done we did some pantomimes. We are integrating MGT with Sonia's Kindergarten curriculum, so this was a great opportunity to introduce this concept. We retold the story without any words. They had a blast walking like crabs. I joined in the fun and could not take pictures or video but sometimes, the pictures are nowhere near as precious as fully being in the moment with your children laughing and giggling.

Honestly, we did the crab walk for a good half an hour playing along with running, sideways of course, and trying to pinch each other. We laughed when we fell. We laughed when we ran. We just simply laughed... a lot.

After we got all of our giggles out, we sat down and created our art for the day. I laid out all of the materials and allowed Sonia to simply explore and do as she wished with it to create a crab. What do you think?






** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment