Thursday, September 10, 2015

Chicken Nugget Mom Academy Is Here!!

We had our very first day of our preschool co-op using Mother Goose Time curriculum and boy was it a success! Now, that I have more moms involved and more children, we are really able to expand on ideas, get the kids more involved and get more photos. If the rest of the year is anything like today was, these kids are going to LOVE school and be smart as whips and our Momma Tribe is going to grow close and bond and become a true support group!

Circle Time was an absolute success! I'm not going to fib, I definitely thought it would be pure mayhem the first day but it went pretty darn smooth! We covered the days of the week, counted out the days on the calendar, the months, the weather and the color. Each child got a turn or three to put items on the board and all participated. I loved watching all of them help each other and take their turns. The excitement in little kids faces enjoying learning is priceless!










We talked about the letter "F" today and, in circle time, we passed around the hands-on letter and they traced their fingers on it. We then crawled liked foxes to the table where we began our Fox craft. From this craft, the kids were able to practice cutting, gluing, fine and gross motor skills and use their imagination. As always, I never guide the children on where the pieces should go with the craft. I believe all art is child led and however they want to create, is what we do! All children's
art in a classroom should look different and unique!

 



 


Before the kids, ate their snacks, they all earned their Friendly Bee Badge by saying one nice thing about each other.



While the kids ate their snacks, I read them a story about an elephant who needed his friends to work together and help get him down from the tree. The great thing about Mother Goose Time story books is that they allow the children to interact and to really think about what is happening in the book.



The book helped us transition into our Friendship Headbands. Friends starts with "F" and since this was our first day we were able to work together and make sure we were using team work just like the kids in the book.





We ended the day with some quiet activities playing together with blocks and building puzzles. The mommas were hard at work cleaning up that we forgot to take pictures but I can assure you, it was a great ending to a great day!



** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment