Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Laundry time FINALLY made Fun!

Sorting Our Way Through the Laundry

 
Nobody really wants to do laundry, well, until now! After we completed this lesson, Sonia has been folding (her version), sorting her and her sisters clothes and even putting away her clothes in their proper drawer! It is so much fun to watch her get into this. It's also so NICE to have a helping hand.
 

One might think that Mother Goose Time is a regular program that teaches children their basic skills but I have always said, and this just proves it, this program is so much more.
 
 
Each night, the girls already put their clothes away in their hampers. Ok, maybe not IN their hampers but next to the hamper. Ugh, FINE! At least they are in the room where the hamper is located! However, after this lesson, they are actually FINDING and placing their clothes INSIDE of the hamper! Woah!
 

It happened to be laundry day when we were doing this lesson. Although, every day is laundry day so this is no divine intervention. Our washing machine is located in the basement aka messy storage area, so I did not have the girls go down with me this time but will soon. Instead, we made our very own washing machines. This was a great lesson and we worked on so many important skills...fine and gross motor, coloring, creativity, math, language and more.
 



 
 
I hung up a clothesline and put out all of the cards with the clothes on them and just told Sonia to hang the clothes up. I wanted to sit back and see what she would do. At first, she just hung one random card up but then decided she would sort them into categories. The first category was colors. When she was finished she took them all down and did it again, this time she separated them into articles of clothing. She was so into her own activity that I didn't interrupt and allowed her to just keep going. She was so proud of her work!
 




 
 

** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment