Friday, June 12, 2015

Taking Home Schooling On The Road!

Let's Hit The Road Girls ...

well, sort of


This month at Mother Goose Time, we are learning all about our homes and different ways families live. We have explored the traditional house, an apartment, a boat house and then the RV. Well, the girls live in a traditional house, their Godfather lives in Brooklyn so they have been to a city apartment but we had never been on a house boat or an RV. We are still looking for a house boat to explore but I did find the most amazing place for the girls to explore RV living.



I posted on one of my mom groups and was given the name of a lovely RV rental place. The woman reached out to me via Facebook right away and was so incredibly inviting when we went. It was a great experience. She gave the girls bubbles while we waited for her to finish up with a customer. Suzanne showed the girls kindness, respect and love right away!






Her dog, Scarlett, even kept us company.




What I loved the most about this place was how open Suzanne was to allowing my kids the opportunity to just experience an RV. Most rental places are all about their sales and I don't know too many who would be ok with 2 young kids and a homeschooling mom to just look. Oh, how I wish I could afford to rent one for the a night and have the girls sleep in one. But, we will take what we can get.

Ok, so Suzanne let us look at 2 different RV's and so we were able to compare and contrast and get the feel of it.


 


 Sonia was amazed when she saw a toilet on the RV!






As Sonia was sitting on the bed looking out the window she said, "Wow, people really live on a house with wheels?" I mean how much better does life get when you can actually experience the lessons you are learning!



Daniella was all about the couch and the flat screened TV.




We pretended we were eating breakfast at the kitchen table. Of course, Sonia cooked it for us!






Thank you Mother Goose Time and the  RV Rental Place for building yet another amazing childhood memory.

Come check out what the other bloggers are up to: Click Here




** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.

1 comment: