Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Halloween Workshop

We love holiday workshops around here, heck we just love art workshops but its even more fun around the Holidays. Once October comes, I have to say that my heart becomes a little happier, my soul becomes a little lighter. October through December is a simple magical time for children.

During our workshops, I come up with about 4 or more different activities all using different types of art and media. I set out a bunch of different items and just let them create. I join in to show them how I use some of the items but not to teach them how, just for inspiration and fun for me! Let's see what we had going on today.

Well, of course, there is pumpkin painting. And yes, we picked the pumpkins ourselves. We went on a homeschool trip with about 18 other home schoolers to a pumpkin patch and learned about pumpkins, corn and vegetables. The kids were able to pick their own pumpkins and radishes and bring them home. It was a delightful day!









Next up, we used glue and made a pumpkin collage.




After that, came our colored pencil ghosts!




Now, we went for chalk and a hand print spider!




And our grand finale, our very own paper bag pumpkin patch. This activity was Mother Goose Time provided and, as always, provided us with multiple different learning opportunities while still having a ton of fun.

We practiced cutting, stuffing, painting, tying and gluing.



 
 
** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment