Friday, October 23, 2015

Squirrels LOVE Apples


What better way to learn about what's in the orchard besides some fun games and art projects. Today, we discovered that squirrels just love eating apples. Mother Goose Time gave us many activities today that helped us with letters, colors, numbers, drawing lines and memory.

Another day, that I got completely involved in all of the activities and the result was amazing! Sonia even loves taking pictures of me for "her" blog!

We started our day with color by letter. This helped Daniella with her letter recognition and helped Sonia really work on staying in the lines. What I noticed today was that she really watched how I held the market, how I colored slowly around the edges and faster in the middle and the outcome was so inspiring. She really began to enjoy coloring and trying to stay in the lines.




When it came time to work on our tracing Sonia did really great. She has been working hard on making corners so this really helped her. Though this activity is geared towards younger than Sonia's age and older than Daniella's age, any activity given by MGT can be made to fit any age. So, Sonia worked on corners and Daniella worked on controlling her marker.






And now the fun part! We played memory! Sonia punched out all of the different apple stages and we played again and again. Daniella joined in for a little while but got bored and wanted to continue coloring. After that, I decided that this game might be really good to help Daniella with her letter recognition as well. So, I wrote matching letters on the back of matching pairs and she was able to find the pieces easier (less frustrating for her) while also working on her letters. I must say...great idea!







** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment