Friday, November 6, 2015

On the Go - ROADS

 
 
Kicking off November's theme of ON THE GO, we began to explore Roads.
 
 
What better way than to start it off with some sensory play. What are roads made of? I taught them, thanks to Mother Goose Time, that "to make roads, construction workers pour dirt, sand, concrete or tar on the ground. Then, a bulldozer drives over it to flatten and level out the material." We played construction workers with the black sand and the tiny cardboard tubes that were provided by MGT. They had a blast.
 
 


Then we began to draw our on roads. We cut black paper into strips, then used chalk to make the road lines. After that we glued the strips of paper down on green paper, put together our street signs and used our cardboard cut outs for some road fun!












 
When we played the traffic jam game, I created more of a music portion out of it. We blasted our November CD and they listened to the instructions on each card. They ran when they saw the sun card, they walked slowly with the traffic sign and waiting 15 seconds for the roadwork to be completed. We played this over and over and each time the giggles were there and fun was definitely had!
 
 





** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment