Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Holiday Fun with Mother Goose Time

Let's be honest, in the day of Pinterest, we all get a tiny bit of jealousy creeping up in our brains when we see all of these wonderful holiday inspired crafts. Now, I don't know about you, but I know that I do not have the vision to make these ideas a reality nor would I buy the right supplies, no matter how detailed the instructions were. However, with my monthly Mother Goose Time box, I am given everything I need, in just the right amount.

My favorite new edition is the Celebration Kits. In this blog, I will feature Thanksgiving and Christmas. They supply you with enough supplies for 10 children so that you can share with your friends or if you run a day care, you can invite parents and their children for an open house. What a great idea!

I have no idea how or why this is but it seems that the stores around me skipped Thanksgiving. I couldn't find any craft ideas at all and, as I stated before, buying random supplies with no clear cut directions won't help me. Heck, even if I had clear cut directions, I'd still fail...truth.

What do you think of when you think of Thanksgiving craft ideas? Turkeys, pilgrim hats, feather head bands, etc. How about a big 'ol turkey with feathers that you can write what you are grateful for and pin on the turkeys body? Yep, MGT thought of that. However, I didn't take a picture of it, ugh. Sorry!

This was our FAVORITE activity to celebrate Thanksgiving. We love painting and we love painting with anything other than paint brushes. So, here we go painting corn by using the good 'ol popping packing sheets and orange and brown paint.




 
 
Now, for Christmas - let's see - we all think of cotton ball snowmen, sugar cube igloos and maybe a paper plate Santa but how about some Santa's on a stick! After we were done making our Santa sticks we used them in our dramatic play area and created a play. Fun times!
 
 




 
 
When I think about how special the holidays this year were because of the quality time I shared with my girls, my eyes well up in tears. This holiday season was, by far, the hardest year as it was my first as a single mother. The emptiness I felt, the guilt I carried, the sadness I tried to hide were all forgotten as soon as we opened up our box to create with MGT. Though this may be just another curriculum to some, this curriculum was a sent to me by God, for more reasons than one, and it has truly kept me smiling through a very dark time. Thank you MGT!
 
** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment