Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A is for Angel

The fights began, the incessant visits to the snack cabinet, the whining...in other words, the struggle was real and the girls were giving me every cue on Earth that they needed some guidance and company from me. So, down went the laundry I was folding and out came Mother Goose Time's Experience God curriculum.

What a perfect way to transition from toddler vs Kindergarten battle then shouting and jumping!

In the midst of one argument about whether or not Daniella (3 years old) told Sonia (5 years ago) that she could have her Twilight Sparkle "forever", I started jumping in the middle of the room. They stopped. Looked at me. Laughed. Put the Twilight Sparkle down and began jumping. I screamed, "SHOW ME HOW HIGH YOU CAN JUMP ALL THE WAY INTO THE KITCHEN!"



When we were all jumped out and Twilight Sparkle was a distant memory, we sat down and I explained to them that angels made a beautiful choir and sang "Glory to God in the Highest". I told them that on the night Jesus was born, the angels praised Him with their songs from Heaven. Jesus wants us to get up and sing praise to Him every day. After this, we stood up again, and sang Glory to God in the Highest while making our bodies into "H's" and drawing big letter "G's" in the air.  I will tell you that when I returned to folding my laundry while the girls were in the bath that night, I heard them both singing this song. Thank you Jesus!

Craft time! We made an A is for Angel door hanger. Sonia colored, practiced writing, glued everything on herself and hung it proudly on her door. When she was done, I led them in a short prayer thanking God for sending His special angels to teach us how to sing praises to His son.








 
I read Sonia the story cards that came in the curriculum and asked Sonia to imagine how the shepherds felt when they were: tending their sheep, listening to the angels, glorifying and praising God and seeing Jesus for the first time. To all, she answered "happy". When I asked her to make a facial expression that would communicate their imagined feelings, this is what she gave me.
 
 
 

 
After this session, I decided we needed some more team work and hands on guided activities so I made the decision to take down all of our Christmas decorations. I asked the girls what they would like to listen to while we complete this task and they both answered "God Music". So, on came Hillsong and we worshipped together for a little bit before we started. I asked them how we get to know Jesus and Daniella shouted, "we pray and hold our hands up when we sing". Sonia said, "we praise the Lord".
 
 
Now, this was an epic proud Christian momma for me! All because of MGT's wonderful curriculum and the foundation they are receiving at their church!
 
 
"Like" us on the Chicken Nugget Mom Facebook page to see what we are up to each day.
 
And for the Moms and Dads, I have begun a Christian based blog, Perfectly Imperfect Life Warriors, and I will be kicking off some great Bible studies to inspire and empower us as we walk with Christ together. Next on the agenda is Proverbs 31:2016 - 31 verses in 31 days! Check it out!
 
 

** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment