Monday, February 15, 2016

Fruits, Vegetables, Children, OH MY!

Ok ok, let's be honest. The curriculum is super fun and super helpful in many many ways. But! My unrealistic expectations, were of course not met. Here's why! The program isn't magic, it isn't going to make my kids all of a sudden want to eat tons of vegetables or try new things all of the time. BOO! Mother Goose Time delivered, I did not. Ha!

I sure do wish that after this lesson, the girls devoured all the green veggies they could find. However, Daniella will still only eat broccoli and Sonia eat corn. They both demolish most fruits like they are going out of style anyway, so I'll take what I can get.

I may not have gotten super veggie eaters out of this, but I'll tell you what I did get. Memories with my kids, a science experiment, painting with a new medium and some math skills. I even got some fine motor skills, social skills and a lot of laughs. So, all in all, it's all good. Anyway, I am the Chicken Nugget Mom not the Brussel Sprout Mom!


Time to sort...







Water play - don't forget to wash your veggies!



Science experiment with sprouting!
 
 


 
Game time! Roll the dice and count out the "strawberries" and put them into a basket.
 
 



Painting with pokey balls




Writing skills - trace the veggies on the cover of your journal



Hope you enjoyed our pics!

"Like" us on the Chicken Nugget Mom Facebook page to see what we are up to each day.
 
And for the Moms and Dads, I have begun a Christian based blog, Perfectly Imperfect Life Warriors, and I will be kicking off some great Bible studies to inspire and empower us as we walk with Christ together. Next on the agenda is Proverbs 31:2016 - 31 verses in 31 days! Check it out!
 
 

** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment