Monday, February 1, 2016

He Is In Me

"Even though we can't see God, He lives in each of us."

 
 
I will tell you that when I get the chance to teach the girls about the Lord, I hold back tears every time. It is such a beautiful way for us to bond. When they ask me questions about the Lord, I often get taken aback. To hear their little voices ask, "does God really hear me?" Or if I forget to pray at night and they call me back in the room asking for a prayer. I mean, does it get any better than this?!
 
 
How do you feel when you are scared? We discussed how "sometimes people shake and their heart beats faster when they are scared". I gave them a chance to use my stethoscope to hear their own hearts and listen to mine. We ran around the room and listened, then waited a few minutes and listened again to hear the difference.





 
 
"God can hear our heart beat and knows we are scared. He is always with us and calms us down. We just need to stop and pray."
 
 
"How does God want us to use our hands and feet?"
 
Sonia - praying, hugging, running, walking
Daniella - high five and running
 
 
We talked about how we should use our hands when angry or scared and I explained to them that God wants us to pray to Him all of the time and He will help us.
 
 
"God wants us to be kind and show his love to everyone at all times. In this way we can help others know God."
 

 
 
 
"Who is king of your life?"
 
Daniella screamed, "JESUS". Woah woah woah. Every time this 3 year old says something like this I fall silent in shock. I talk to her but a lot of the times I swear she isn't listening. Lo and behold, times like this, show me she is a sponge, she is getting it and her love for Jesus is real. Thank you, Jesus!
 

When I was introducing this next craft, I told them that, "when we live for Jesus, he is king of our life. This means that whatever we think, say or do should make him happy. Because we are all God's children and he is the King, we are his princes and princesses."
 
Let the craft begin!
 








 
 
We prayed together, holding hands, "God, I give you my whole life. Please give me eyes to see, ears to hear, and hands to serve you."
 


We also use the preschool curriculum in our home school, if you want to read more about those lessons, read archived blogs or check back for future posts.
 
"Like" us on the Chicken Nugget Mom Facebook page to see what we are up to each day.
 
And for the Moms and Dads, I have begun a Christian based blog, Perfectly Imperfect Life Warriors, and I will be kicking off some great Bible studies to inspire and empower us as we walk with Christ together. Next on the agenda is Proverbs 31:2016 - 31 verses in 31 days! Check it out!
 
 

** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment