Thursday, July 2, 2015

Good Day, Mrs. Spider

The ever so famous, Itsby Bitsy Spider, made her debut today!

We started the lesson off by singing and acting out the finger play and Daniella really got into it. We sang it about by 7 times before both girls had spidered themselves out enough to move on to the first activity.

"Where do you think spiders like to spin their webs?" Sonia answered on trees and by mommas car! That was a good giggle, though not so funny because the car part is true!

I showed them the poster and we sang the song...again! They both took turns moving the spider up and down the spout. This activity kept them busy for awhile as they just kept taking turns making the spider be silly, be an acrobat, a bird, etc. Once again, to watch the girls playing nicely together is just such a great feeling. To watch them learn together is simply breathtaking.





When it was our turn to weave a web, I realized I didn't have a hole puncher! So, I became resourceful and just made this a sensory and fine motor skill project. I had them pull apart the yarn and glue the yarn on the page to make it look like a web. Before they began to glue, I traced their hands on the plate to make friendly spiders and they glued the eyes on.




Sonia decided her spider needed to be upside down and used her yarn to create hair!







Daniella, once again, glued her hands more than the activity but she had fun too!









** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment