Saturday, July 25, 2015

Writing with Trees!

Sonia absolutely loves the draw and dictate activities that Mother Goose Time provides us. This week she drew her story of how she would like to play in a tree. She is getting very good at dictating a cohesive story with a beginning, middle and an end.




 
 
GAME TIME!!
 
 
We talked about what kinds of fruit grows on trees before we began our exercise. I let her peel the orange with me and serve herself a bowl. She changed up the rules of the game and decided that each time she got a matching letter, she would eat a slice of orange...fine with me!
 
First, she cut apart her board and chose the one she wanted to use. Then she began to cover each letter with an orange bingo chip.
 


 
Off we go! We began to pick the letter cards and see if they matched and she began to eat!
 



 



I added a bit of a challenge and every time she picked a letter, she told me a word that began with that letter as well.
 
Daniella jumped on my team and helped me find the matching letters.
 
 
 
Sonia was the winner!
 
 
 
 
** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.



No comments:

Post a Comment