Monday, July 13, 2015

Time to Feed the Birds!

I introduced our next lesson with reading the book, "Hello Bird" Sonia loved it! It is not your ordinary page turner. Each page has an activity for the kids to do and instructions to follow, so it is more of a game then just a book. Reading is always fun but this just made it even more fun!



After the book, Sonia didn't really want to do another activity and I was ok with that. Daniella, however, wanted to continue so I took out the tree shapes activity. She punched out all of the shapes and by the time she was starting, Sonia was back in school! Sonia watched her little sister manipulate the pieces to make them fit. At first, it was a little frustrating for Sonia because she wanted to guide her but I explained that Daniella needed to do this on her own. So, Sonia sat and waited and when she finally got the right piece, the genuine pride in Sonia's face was unmistakable!






The next activity we did was our pine cone birdfeeder. Any hands on, messy activity that the kids can watch over time to see what happens is always a hit. So off we went!

Everyone go to do their own without any guidance and they came out great!

We hung them outside on our tree where the girls can peek and look everyday.








** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment