Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Where Dreams are Made - The Bedroom

What better way to drive home the bedroom then bringing in one of our favorite finger plays - Five Little Monkeys!

Of course, before we started our lesson, we acted out our finger play. It was so cute to see Daniella do the entire song from start to finish and to watch Sonia help her through it.

Now on to some phonological awareness and social relationships with our first activity. Before we began, I asked the girls what could be dangerous about jumping on your bed? They both started to sing the Five Little Monkey song again. Giggled and said, "You could bump your head!" Daniella finished the conversation up with adding that, "She didn't want to call the doctor!" haha!

Then I showed them the poster and had them fold over each piece as we sang the song again. By the third monkey, I was no longer assisting as they began to work independently. They asked to do this multiple times. Sometimes, I am still in shock with what activities grab their attention and really pull them in.



Onto art, reading comprehension and drama. We started our Jumping Monkeys activity and I had them each color on their beds. Sonia has become quite the little artist since we have begun this program. She drew a rainbow and really was very proud of her work.






Instead of making the napkin into bandaids, the girls wanted to rip it and make it into a collage. So off they went.




They glued numbers onto their monkeys afterwards. In fact, Sonia used the numbers as the monkeys bandaids and couldn't stop laughing every time she covered a body part and showed me.








In the end, they decided they wanted to glue their monkeys into their beds and I was fine with that. Of course, my sensory wonder Daniella made her bed into a pot of pasta and the glue was the water. This kept her busy for a solid 20 minutes.









We talked a lot about our bedrooms after this class and we all made a promise that every night we would clean up our bedrooms and every morning we would make our beds. Let's see!


** Mother Goose Time allows me to follow two of my biggest passions. Educating my children and writing! I am honored to work with Mother Goose Time. I do receive the curriculum in exchange for my blog posts but every word in here is honest and a true example of this curriculum in a multi age home practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment